|Ordinance||Cap||Heading||Section and Posting Requirements|
|Bankruptcy Ordinance ||6||Discharge from bankruptcy|| 30A(5):|
(5) Not less than 3 months before the end of the relevant period under this section the trustee shall,
(b) publish a notice in English and Chinese, respectively, in a English and a Chinese newspaper circulating in Hong Kong…
|Bankruptcy Ordinance ||6|| Undischarged bankrupt obtaining credit|| 131(c):|
Any undischarged bankruptcy shall in each of the cases following be guilty of an offence – …
(c) if he engages in any trade of business under a name or names other than that or those under which he was adjudicated bankrupt without first publishing, once in the Gazette, and in 3 successive issues of 2 local newspapers one of which shall be Chinese, a notice containing the following particulars…
|Bankruptcy Rules ||6A|| Advertisement|| 78:|
Where a bankruptcy order is made the Official Receiver shall forthwith send notice thereof to the Gazette and to such local newspaper or newspapers as he may think fit.
|Bankruptcy Rules ||6A|| Certificate of discharge|| 92(2)(b):|
(2) The discharged bankrupt may require the trustee to give notice of the discharge:…
(b) in any newspaper in which the bankruptcy was advertised; or…
|Bankruptcy Rules ||6A|| Four days clear notice to be given of meeting|| 99A:|
… by giving not less than 4 clear days’ notice of the date, time and place thereof in the Gazette and in a local newspaper.
|Bankruptcy Rules ||6A|| Notice of meeting to appoint trustee|| 101:|
… shall forthwith gazette and advertise the same in one local newspaper if he considers such advertisement desirable…
|Bankruptcy Rules ||6A|| Summoning of creditors' meeting|| 122 M(4)(a) and (b):|
(4) In addition to sending notices under paragraph (2), the nominee shall have the notice published in:
(a) one issue of an English language newspaper; and
(b) one issue of a Chinese language newspaper,
circulated in Hong Kong and such publication shall constitute constructive notice to all creditors of the debtor.
|Bankruptcy Rules ||6A|| Notice of appointment|| 162(1):|
(1) On his appointment, a trustee shall forthwith arrange for a notice of his appointment to be gazetted and, if he considers it advisable, he shall also arrange for it to be published in a local newspaper.
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Publicity for proposed payment out of capital|| 49M(2):|
(2) Within the week immediately following the date of the resolution the company shall also either cause a notice to the same effect as that required by subsection (1) to be published once in each of an English language newspaper and a Chinese language newspaper specified in the list issued for the purposes of section 71A …
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Procedure for replacement of lost certificate|| 71A (3)(a):|
(3) Subject to subsection (4), where an application is made to a company under this section for a new certificate, the company shall, if it intends to issue such certificate under this section, publish a notice in the specified form advertising its intention to do so, as follows –
(a) …the notice shall be published once in, respectively, an English language newspaper and a Chinese language newspaper specified in a list of newspapers issued for the purposes of this section by the Chief Secretary for Administration and published in the Gazette;
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Power to close register f members and register of debenture holders||99(1): |
(1) A company may, on giving notice by advertisement in a newspaper circulating generally in Hong Kong, close for any time or times not exceeding in the whole 30 days in each year …
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Resolutions requiring special notice|| 116 C: |
Where by any provision hereafter contained in this Ordinance special notice is required of a resolution, the resolution shall not be effective unless notice of intention to move it has been given to the company not less than 28 days before the meeting at which it is moved, and the company shall give its members notice of any such resolution at the same time and in the same manner as if it gives notice of the meeting or, if that is not practicable, shall give them notice thereof, either by advertisement in a newspaper having an appropriate circulation or in any other mode allowed by the articles, not less than 21 days before the meeting: …
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Further provisions relating to loans to officers, etc. of authorized financial institutions|| 161 BA(5): |
(5) A company which is an authorized financial institution shall give public notice of the date of its annual general meeting in, respectively, an English language newspaper and a Chinese language newspaper specified in a list of newspapers issued for the purposes of section 71A by the Chief Secretary for Administration and published in the Gazette.
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Meeting of creditors|| 241(2) |
(2) The company shall cause notice of the meeting of the creditors to be advertised once in the Gazette and once at least in, respectively, an English language newspaper and a Chinese language newspaper circulating in Hong Kong.
|Companies Ordinance ||32|| Vesting and disposal of property of company struck|| 360 E(2):|
(2) The Official Receiver shall with all due dispatch wind up the affairs of the company, and after realizing the said property and rights shall apply the sum so realized –
Next, in paying the creditors of the company who shall have proved their debts within such time as shall have been limited by him not being less than 1 month from the date of publication of notice thereof in the Gazette and 2 or more local newspapers of which at least 1 shall be a Chinese newspaper, according to their respective rankings and priorities as if the company had been a company being wound up by the court by virtue of a winding up order dated the day of its dissolution under section 360C.
|Companies (Winding up) Rules ||32H|| Advertisement of petition|| 24(a):|
Every petition shall be advertised 7 clear days or such longer time as the court may direct before the hearing, as follows –
(a) in the case of a company whose registered office or if there shall be no such office, then whose principal or last known principal place of business is or was situate within Hong Kong once in the Gazette, and once at least in 2 Hong Kong daily newspapers, or such other newspaper as the court directs;
|Companies (Winding up) Rules ||32H|| Calls by liquidator|| 74(b):|
The powers and duties of the court in relation to making calls upon contributories conferred by section 214 of the Ordinance shall and may be exercised, in a winding up by the court, by liquidator as an officer of the court subject to the proviso to section 226 of the Ordinance, and to the following regulations:-
(b) …Notice of the intended call and the intended meeting of the committee of inspection shall also be advertised once at least in a Hong Kong daily newspaper…
|Companies (Winding up) Rules ||32H|| Notice to creditors to prove||93(1):|
Subject to the provisions of the Ordinance, and unless otherwise ordered by the court, the liquidator in any winding up may from time to time fix a certain day, which shall be not less than 14 days from the date of the notice, on or before which the creditors of the company are to prove their debts or claims, and to establish any title they may have to priority under section 265 of the Ordinance or to be excluded from the benefit of the distribution made next after that date and from the benefit of any previous distribution or as the case may be from objecting to such distribution, and the liquidator shall give notice in writing of the day so fixed by advertisement in such newspaper as he shall consider convenient…